Tuesday, December 24, 2013

About Me


I was always good with my hands and felt like a creative person. In 2010, I realized I was spending way too much time "only looking" at other people's beautiful creations but not making anything of my own. So I made the decision to become creative as well.

The first steps are always the hardest. If you want to create something, you have to invest in it first. There is a lot of work that goes with making something new. Creating tiny earrings or nice smelling soap might seem hard, but the truth is that this is the easiest part of the whole ''business thing''. The hard time is hidden behind having people discover you, liking your work and making your first sale.  

At first I was very shy about selling, so I took baby steps. I would do little things like wear my handmade jewelry or give my homemade soap to my friends as birthday presents. I was also using all possible websites to get the word out. Time went by, and I have built up more confidence. Now, I can attend any craft fair and proudly show and talk about what I have made. Some of the people I have met have become friends and loyal customers.

Meeting customers face-to-face is perhaps the greatest benefit that craft show participation offers. Not only do shoppers get to touch and feel your products but they also get to see you and your personality on display. People who shop at craft shows tend to want a personal connection with the items they buy. The face-to-face interaction allows you to help customers make connections not afforded by the internet.  

I love many things about selling my products but the favorite is sharing the creativity made with love. When I was new at this, hearing the stories of successful craft sellers was a real eye-opener for me, and I couldn't wait to start and share my own crafts with others. I believe that sharing handmade crafts helps make the world a nicer place.

After you take a look around, feel free to send me feedback what you like about my products or any thoughts you might have about my page. I'll be adding new products every week, so show them to your friends and stay up to date with fabulous trends and great deals.

Enjoy your visit.

. . . be cute . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment